Compilation Error

Krissy

Hi all,

Sometimes after building a project, or uploading it to the server, when we
go to view the page, we get the following error.

To overcome this we have to end the aspnet_wp.exe process and then it works
fine.

But it is annoying to terminal into the server and do this.

Is there a possible cause for this error, and hopefully a fix?

Thanks!!

Krissy

Server Error in '/administration' Application.
----

Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC31011: Unable to load referenced library
'c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net
files\administration\a6343a9b\5682fec7\assembly\dl2\5e40f7ec\f0600eb1_7626c3
01\admin.net.dll': Access is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: vbc : Line: 0

Kevin Spencer

This is probably happening due to the DLL file being locked in some way.
Usually this happens because the file is in use by some process. I'm not
sure what you might be doing to cause this, however.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP