Compilation speed on IntelC++

Discussion in 'C++' started by Mirek Fidler, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Mirek Fidler

    Mirek Fidler Guest

    Hi,

    first my apologize for posting it here, but I have not found any better
    place where to ask...

    I am just trying IntelC++ 7.1 compiler. Problem is that it seems to be
    rather slow, at least compared to my old MSVC 6.0 - about 3 times
    slower.

    Possible cause might be a wrong commandline. Right now I am interested
    in debug builds, so I do not need any optimizations and so on. My
    commandline looks like this:

    icl -c -nologo -W3 -GR -GX -Gy -YX
    -Fpe:\out\upp/Core/DEBUG-GUI-IA32-INTEL-SHARED-ST-WIN32/Core.pch
    -de:\out\upp/Core/DEBUG-GUI-IA32-INTEL-SHARED-ST-WIN32/Core.pdb
    -MDd -Zi -Od -GZ /TP
    -I"f:\uppsrc" -I"D:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler70\Ia32\Include"
    -I"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE"
    -I"f:/uppsrc" -I"f:/uppsrc/platform" -I"e:/v/include" -I"d:\ORANT\OCI80\
    INCLUDE" -I"d:\mysql\include"
    -DflagGUI -DflagST -DflagSHARED -DflagWIN32 -DflagINTEL -DflagIA32 -Dfla
    gDEBUG
    f:\uppsrc\Core\String.cpp
    -Foe:\out\upp/Core/DEBUG-GUI-IA32-INTEL-SHARED-ST-WIN32/String.obj

    Does -YX precompiled headers option work properly ? Have I disabled
    optimizations right with -Od ? Or is something else wrong ?

    Mirek

    Mirek Fidler, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Mirek Fidler

    Jack Klein Guest

    [snip]

    The fact that you don't know the proper place to ask this question
    does not change the fact that the details of invoking specific
    compilers are off-topic here.

    Have you contacted Intel's tech support?

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Mirek Fidler

    osmium Guest

    That sounds like a particularly bad place to ask. I would continue the
    newsgroup approach to finding an answer. Try google advanced groups first,
    if your hunch is right I would expect a lead to the right group in the
    existing messages.

    osmium, Nov 12, 2003