Compile and jar using ant

ck

I am new in this, please help.
Is ant the right way to compile and jar for java?
After I build the build.xml for compiling, what command should I use
for building entire tree?

Thanks

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

ck said:
Is ant the right way to compile and jar for java?

It is what most professional sites use.
After I build the build.xml for compiling, what command should I use
for building entire tree?

Usually ant builds an entire tree with the javac tag.

Arne

Karl Uppiano

Arne Vajhøj said:
It is what most professional sites use.

Usually ant builds an entire tree with the javac tag.

Arne

It looks like the folks over at Apache are moving from Ant to Maven.
And from CVS to Subversion.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Karl said:
It looks like the folks over at Apache are moving from Ant to Maven.

I have not verified it, but I have been told that Maven uses
Ant internally.

The scope of Maven is obviously much bigger than that of Ant.
And from CVS to Subversion.

That move is being done by many.

Arne

ck

Yes, I have javac at the top of the build.xml. Should I just run
build.xml to build the tree?
Thanks

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

ck said:
Yes, I have javac at the top of the build.xml. Should I just run
build.xml to build the tree?

If your build.xml has a proper javac tag then you can
build the entire tree with ant.

Arne