Compile as static library

googler.1.webmaster

Hi!

I have a big problem with compiling Python on MacOSX. I compile it -
everything works

../configure
make

so I get a libpython2.5.a file which I include into a Xcode Project. I
want to static link it with my project (works in Debug mode but not in
Release)

1. Is there a static library flag which I have to set, or something
like that?
2. Why does it work in Debug mode, not in Release? The import settings
for a library doesn't differe between debug and release, does it?

Thanks a lot.