Compile dependancies into a .NET app

Jason Myers

Hi

I've just wtritten a desktop app using VB.NET 2005 Express Edittion. It
makes use of the MS Word 10 Com Components, andsome ZIP libraries that I
have. I need the appropriate DLL's to be built into the solution so that
when I install on another machine in my organisation, it will also install
those DLL's if not found on the users machine. This was simple to do from
VB6, but I have no idea how to do it using .NET

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ken Halter

Jason Myers said:
Hi

I've just wtritten a desktop app using VB.NET 2005 Express Edittion. It
makes use of the MS Word 10 Com Components, andsome ZIP libraries that I
have. I need the appropriate DLL's to be built into the solution so that
when I install on another machine in my organisation, it will also install
those DLL's if not found on the users machine. This was simple to do from
VB6, but I have no idea how to do it using .NET

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I can't help with the dotNet stuff (see sig) but if you were installing MS
Word components on PCs that didn't have Office installed, you were surely
breaking licensing agreements ( you probably weren't doing that but the way
the question's written, it sounds like you were). If the "MS Word 10 Com
Components" happen to include FM20.dll, note that it's illegal to package
with your app.

INFO: Usage and Redistribution of FM20.DLL
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q224305/

On the other hand, if you're writing apps that use MS Word components, and
Word >is< installed on all PCs in your list, you shouldn't have to package
them up as they should already be there.