complaint

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Support, May 19, 2006.

  1. Support

    Support Guest

    Hello:
    I have an asp.net page that implements a file upload and then triggers a
    lengthy analysis process located in a SQl Store Procedure
    (Sproc_ProcessFile).
    If I call Sproc_ProcessFile from the code behind, the web application times
    out, because it takes too long, WHICH results in the chain of authority to
    be broken and the stored procedure stops midway...
    So I implemented a different approach where I call a different Stored
    Procedure that creates an immediate SQL job that then calls
    Sproc_ProcessFile.
    The problem is that Only members of the sysadmin role can execute these
    stored procedure ...
    msdb.dbo.sp_add_Job
    msdb.dbo.sp_add_jobstep
    msdb.dbo.sp_add_jobschedule
    msdb.dbo.sp_apply_job_to_targets

    I dont want to elevate my web-sql login account to that level of insecurity
    ..... I would prefer that the four stored procedures be controlled simply by
    who has rights to login ....

    Does anyone have a different approach to suggest ?
    an asynchronous call from the web page perhaps ???
    Thanks
    Terry

    Support, May 19, 2006

  2. Asynchronous call is the way to go ... It will solve you these issues +
    you will have an neat "Please wait... " indicator

    Tasos Vogiatzoglou, May 19, 2006

  3. Support

    Support Guest

    Thank you