complex forms

Shawn Banks

I am wondering if someone may be able to point me in the right
direction.

I have a survey that I am trying to do that has in it many one too many
relegations. Thanks to railscasts complex forms series, I was able to
get them all working. I have come to a road block and hoping someone can
help. The survey capture a companies profile, where things get sticky is
I now need to create a relationship that will allow a user to enter in
categories of products that the company deals with. Here is the
predefined list.

• Wood based panels
• Complete pre-fabricated buildings and houses
• Wood kitchen cabinets
• Wood windows and doors
• Wood flooring
• Millwork
• Mouldings
• Engineered wood products
• Other wood based building products
• PVC windows
• Steel doors
• Insulation
• Stone-processed products
• Basement envelope systems
• Other non-wood building products

This list is set in stone and no others can be added by the user. So a
company can have many categories. Also I need to add a relation ship to
allow users to add products to each category with details on each
product.

I am not sure on how to approach this as well I am very new to Rails. I
come from a coldfusion background. If it would help, I could send you
any existing code I have.

I hope someone can help, Thanks in advance!