    would be better not to have it as a control.

    Thanks,
    Shawn

    Shawn B., Sep 7, 2003

  2. Shawn B.

    Shawn B. Guest

    Actually, I need access to the RegisterClientScript function...

    Thanks,
    Shawn

    Shawn B., Sep 7, 2003

  3. If it's going to emit something, even if it's "non-visual", then you should
    probably make it a control.

    John Saunders, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Use HttpContext.Current .
    HTH.

    David Rothgery, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Shawn B.

    Shawn B. Guest

    That didn't work because, while I could get access to the Request/Response
    objects, I need the page itself.

    So, I casted the HttpContext.Current.Handler to a page object and that
    worked.

    The only last thing I need to figure out is how to get the name of the
    instance of the Component. There is a Name property in the property editor
    for the component but there is no Name for the object (or ID) so unless I
    can figure out how to uniquely identify a particular instance of the
    component then I still am not there.

    Is there a way I can get a handle to an instnace of the component attached
    to the Form?

    Thanks,
    Shawn

    Shawn B., Sep 8, 2003