Components easy to maintain

tomasz.gajewski

Hi,

We're going to buy some Javascripts components (grids, trees & menus )
which we'd like to be possibly:

a) easy to modify & maintain (manually), and ..
b) supporting both Mozilla/IE

Please, could you give us any recomendations as for some vendors being
exceptionally good in these areas?! Or .. perhaps warn us against the
components you had bad experience with.

Many thanks,
Tom Gajewski

Matt Kruse

We're going to buy some Javascripts components (grids, trees & menus )
which we'd like to be possibly:
a) easy to modify & maintain (manually), and ..
b) supporting both Mozilla/IE

Why buy? There are lots of good scripts out there for these things which are
free.
I have some stuff here:
http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/
such as a tree and maybe some other stuff that would help you.

There are a million different menu scripts, so I can't even recommend the
best one there.
"Grids" is kind of vague, but there aren't a lot of JS-based solutions out
there. Depending on what you want to do, a 'grid' may not be javascript at
all.

tomasz.gajewski

Indeed, there are milliards of tiny Javascripts code examples for free,
but .. always .. someone has to firstly find all relevant ones
(scrolling, image loading, positioning, etc. ... ), put them together,
check support for browsers (versions etc.), etc. .. seems a huge effort
! At least ... it was 2 years ago when I was doing some Javascripts
coding. However, now I can see for instance "codethat.com" (they have
grids as well) and wonder if .. my practises are not behind, if ...
it's not better simply to buy something off the shelf and slightly
modify where needed ?
(by the way, tomcat will be used as webserver)

Many thanks for response,
Tom