Composite Assemblies Not Loading

Garry

Hi,
I have a customWebcontrol that has the following hierarchy

WebPage(aspx)

---->CustomWebControl

---->Assembly1

----->Assembly2

---->Assembly3

Adding the customWebControl to the aspx through Visual Studio
automatically injects Assembly1 and Assembly3 into the project as
references but fails to include Assembly2. If I manually add Assembly2
as a reference to the CustomWebControl then everything works as I
expect. Does anyone know what the best solution is to load Assembly2
when the CustomWebcontrol is added to the aspx page?

Thx,
Garry

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Garry,
By "load" do you mean adding a reference under your Proyects' References?

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

Garry -

Victor,
Thx for the quick response. Yes, each assembly was included as a
reference.

--Garry

Garry

Interestingly the problem does not occur if simulated
locally. Only when the assemblies are compiled to the
server do I see this problem.

Locally I do not see all the dependent assemblies added to
the aspx page but rather just a reference to the control.
The server version attempts to add references to "ALL"
known assemblies.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Gary,

Could you please post detailed repro steps here? I will test it on my side. Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "Garry" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "Garry" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Re: Composite Assemblies Not Loading
!Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:07:58 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols
!
!Interestingly the problem does not occur if simulated
!locally. Only when the assemblies are compiled to the
!server do I see this problem.
!
!Locally I do not see all the dependent assemblies added to
!the aspx page but rather just a reference to the control.
!The server version attempts to add references to "ALL"
!known assemblies.
!

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hi Gary,

Are you still montinoring this thread? Please post here if the problem still exists. Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: (e-mail address removed) (Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT])
!Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 02:57:34 GMT
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols
!
!Hello Gary,
!
!Could you please post detailed repro steps here? I will test it on my side. Thanks very much.
!
!Best regards,
!Yanhong Huang
!Microsoft Online Partner Support
!
!Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
!This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
!
!!From: "Garry" <[email protected]>
!!Sender: "Garry" <[email protected]>
!!Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:07:58 -0700