Composite Assemblies Not Loading

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Garry, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Garry

    Garry Guest

    Hi,
    I have a customWebcontrol that has the following hierarchy

    WebPage(aspx)

    ---->CustomWebControl

    ---->Assembly1

    ----->Assembly2

    ---->Assembly3

    Adding the customWebControl to the aspx through Visual Studio
    automatically injects Assembly1 and Assembly3 into the project as
    references but fails to include Assembly2. If I manually add Assembly2
    as a reference to the CustomWebControl then everything works as I
    expect. Does anyone know what the best solution is to load Assembly2
    when the CustomWebcontrol is added to the aspx page?

    Thx,
    Garry

    Garry, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Hi Garry,
    By "load" do you mean adding a reference under your Proyects' References?

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Jul 15, 2003

  3. Garry

    Garry - Guest

    Victor,
    Thx for the quick response. Yes, each assembly was included as a
    reference.

    --Garry

    Garry -, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Garry

    Garry Guest

    Interestingly the problem does not occur if simulated
    locally. Only when the assemblies are compiled to the
    server do I see this problem.

    Locally I do not see all the dependent assemblies added to
    the aspx page but rather just a reference to the control.
    The server version attempts to add references to "ALL"
    known assemblies.

    Garry, Jul 15, 2003
  5. Hello Gary,

    Could you please post detailed repro steps here? I will test it on my side. Thanks very much.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    !From: "Garry" <>
    !Sender: "Garry" <>
    !Subject: Re: Composite Assemblies Not Loading
    !Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:07:58 -0700
    !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols
    !

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Jul 16, 2003
  6. Hi Gary,

    Are you still montinoring this thread? Please post here if the problem still exists. Thanks very much.