Computer machine info

Ufit

Hey people.
I'd like to read a complete information of the user machine
as f.ex. user name, windows name, network name, harddrives names etc.
It'd be nice if it worked under linux also but for now I need win32 functions.
What API should I use?
Thank you.

E-U

Josh Mcfarlane

Ufit said:
Hey people.
I'd like to read a complete information of the user machine
as f.ex. user name, windows name, network name, harddrives names etc.
It'd be nice if it worked under linux also but for now I need win32 functions.
What API should I use?
Thank you.

E-U

This group deals with Standard C++ only.

For Windows help, refer to one of the microsoft.* newsgroups.

Josh Mcfarlane

Ufit said:
Hey people.
I'd like to read a complete information of the user machine
as f.ex. user name, windows name, network name, harddrives names etc.
It'd be nice if it worked under linux also but for now I need win32 functions.
What API should I use?
Thank you.

E-U

Oh, and just a heads up: User information is dependant upon the
operating system, so for Linux you'll also have to refer to a newsgroup
for that specific compiler.

Mike Wahler

Ufit said:
Hey people.
I'd like to read a complete information of the user machine
as f.ex. user name, windows name, network name, harddrives names etc.
It'd be nice if it worked under linux also

None of this is covered by ISO standard C++, the only topic here.
but for now I need win32 functions.
What API should I use?

The Win32 API of course. But that's not topical here.
See group 'comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32'

Also the Microsoft site www.msdn.microsoft.com has
a wealth of information.

Purpose of comp.lang.c++ :
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt