Configuration errors when starting ASP.NET project

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by fred bliss, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. fred bliss

    fred bliss Guest

    Hi All

    We have a new server running the latest framework, windows
    server 2003 & IIS 6.0, and we're getting the following
    error when we try to load the app in IE.

    Server Error in '/webreporting' Application.
    ---------------------

    Configuration Error
    configuration file required to service this request.
    Please review the specific error details below and modify
    your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Unable to load
    file 'infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2'.

    Source Error:

    Line 223: <add
    assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 224: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 225: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 226: </assemblies>
    Line 227:

    Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322
    \Config\machine.config Line: 225

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be
    helpful to determine why the
    assembly 'infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2' could not be
    loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/webreporting
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time
    (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly
    bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference:
    infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Tempor
    ary ASP.NET
    Files/webreporting/04bac3c7/c7318c87/infragistics.webui.ult
    rawebgrid.v2.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Tempor
    ary ASP.NET
    Files/webreporting/04bac3c7/c7318c87/infragistics.webui.ult
    rawebgrid.v2/infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/webreporting/bin/infragistics.we
    bui.ultrawebgrid.v2.DLL.
    LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
    LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file
    (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
    \aspnet.config).
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
    \config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference:
    Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v2, Version=2.0.5000.17,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb

    ---------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

    Further notes:

    This same build works fine on our other server, running
    Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6.0.

    In order to supress the error temporarily, we have to stop
    IIS, go into C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4311
    \Temporary ASP.NET Files\

    select the project folder ("webreporting") and delete it,
    once every file has been unlocked.

    Then, restart IIS, and we can get it to run a process once
    or twice before errors come up such as "not enough disk
    space" when using a crystal reports tool to produce a
    report, and other unusual errors.

    It always ends up with the error above. Does anyone have
    any ideas/fixes for us to try?

    Thanks

    Fred Bliss

    fred bliss, Nov 11, 2003

  2. This is a bug. Stop the Indexing Service.

    John Saunders, Nov 11, 2003

  3. fred bliss

    Guest Guest

    I stopped the indexing service system-wide and it still is
    producing the error. Any other ideas?

    Thanks

    Guest, Nov 12, 2003
  4. The problem had to do with Indexing Service locking .dlls in the bin
    directory when it noticed that something in the bin directory had changed.
    Perhaps some other program is doing something similar?

    John Saunders, Nov 13, 2003