Configuration errors when starting ASP.NET project

fred bliss

Hi All

We have a new server running the latest framework, windows
server 2003 & IIS 6.0, and we're getting the following
error when we try to load the app in IE.

Server Error in '/webreporting' Application.
---------------------

Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request.
Please review the specific error details below and modify
your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unable to load
file 'infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2'.

Source Error:

Line 223: <add
assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 224: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 225: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 226: </assemblies>
Line 227:

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322
\Config\machine.config Line: 225

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be
helpful to determine why the
assembly 'infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2' could not be
loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/webreporting
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time
(private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly
bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference:
infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Tempor
ary ASP.NET
Files/webreporting/04bac3c7/c7318c87/infragistics.webui.ult
rawebgrid.v2.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Tempor
ary ASP.NET
Files/webreporting/04bac3c7/c7318c87/infragistics.webui.ult
rawebgrid.v2/infragistics.webui.ultrawebgrid.v2.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/webreporting/bin/infragistics.we
bui.ultrawebgrid.v2.DLL.
LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file
(C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference:
Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v2, Version=2.0.5000.17,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb

---------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Further notes:

This same build works fine on our other server, running
Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6.0.

In order to supress the error temporarily, we have to stop
IIS, go into C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4311
\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

select the project folder ("webreporting") and delete it,
once every file has been unlocked.

Then, restart IIS, and we can get it to run a process once
or twice before errors come up such as "not enough disk
space" when using a crystal reports tool to produce a
report, and other unusual errors.

It always ends up with the error above. Does anyone have
any ideas/fixes for us to try?

Thanks

Fred Bliss

(e-mail address removed)

Guest

I stopped the indexing service system-wide and it still is
producing the error. Any other ideas?

Thanks

John Saunders

The problem had to do with Indexing Service locking .dlls in the bin
directory when it noticed that something in the bin directory had changed.
Perhaps some other program is doing something similar?