Configuration Question regarding Remoting, FormsBased Security, and Web.config

Johnny Cash

I have a web structure that looks like this:

\application
\Noms
-Web.config
-Web.config

I have set up my remoting information in the root Web.config
directory. To set up remoting, I have coded this:

(in Global.assx)
public void Application_Start {
string path = Context.ApplicationInstance.Server.MapPath("Web.config");
RemotingConfiguration.Configure(path);
}

However, when I set the startup page (for testing) as a page in the
Noms directory, the above code gets the path of Noms\Web.config as
opposed to \Web.config.

Anyone know of a similar method for accessing the Web.config in the
root directory?

Thanks!
AR.

John Saunders

Johnny Cash said:
I have a web structure that looks like this:

\application
\Noms
-Web.config
-Web.config

I have set up my remoting information in the root Web.config
directory. To set up remoting, I have coded this:

(in Global.assx)
public void Application_Start {
string path = Context.ApplicationInstance.Server.MapPath("Web.config");
RemotingConfiguration.Configure(path);
}

However, when I set the startup page (for testing) as a page in the
Noms directory, the above code gets the path of Noms\Web.config as
opposed to \Web.config.

Anyone know of a similar method for accessing the Web.config in the
root directory?

I don't know offhand, but what happens if you pass null as the path?