confusion with Rogue Wave dcomplex.h

Don Tucker

Hello,

I am receiving the following compile-time error:

/opt/include/rw/dcomplex.h line 218 error(1420): argument list for
class template "complex" is missing typedef complex DComplex

when compiling with a MIPSpro c++ compiler on an SGI platform. I see
nothing about the header file that has been modified from its original
state. Also, if the right precompiler conditions are met,
/opt/include/rw/rcomplex.h is included, which has DComplex fleshed
out.

I don't even know where to begin in resolving this problem. Any help
is appreciated.

Don

Victor Bazarov

Don said:
I am receiving the following compile-time error:

/opt/include/rw/dcomplex.h line 218 error(1420): argument list for
class template "complex" is missing typedef complex DComplex
.. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
when compiling with a MIPSpro c++ compiler on an SGI platform. I see
nothing about the header file that has been modified from its original
state. Also, if the right precompiler conditions are met,
/opt/include/rw/rcomplex.h is included, which has DComplex fleshed
out.

I don't even know where to begin in resolving this problem. Any help
is appreciated.

It looks like the compiler when compiling 'dcomplex.h' knows about
'complex' template from 'std' namespace, but the file 'dcomplex.h'
is written to assume that "complex" is a class and not a template.

If you do

#include <complex>
using namespace std;
typedef complex DComplex;

you will get the same error (probably) on any conforming compiler
because the use of 'complex' requires the template arguments here:

typedef complex<double> DComplex;

I don't know how to resolve your problem, without seeing the Rouge
Wave headers and knowing how compiler gets there it's quite hard.

Do you really have to use Rogue Wave?

Victor