connecting & parameterproblems

dirk van waes

Hello everyone,
Being complete newbie in asp.net I am trying to make an example which works
with a very simple database.

First I made my project in VS- vb.net, draging an oledbconnection and an
oledbdataadapter from the toolbox into my form.

Everything worked fine on my local computer. I was able to search, update,
delete and insert into my klanten.mdb database.

When I tried then to upload my project to a hostserver, nothing worked
anymore! After some debugging, I found the reason why: the connectionstring
was
still using the original path, leading to a map on my local computer. I
didn't
find a possibility to change that 'static' path in a more 'dynamic' one,
until I deleted the oledbconnection and the oledbdataadapter, and made them
again without the toolbox, i.o.w. I coded the 2 objects in the
default.aspx.vb. file

The connection seems to be fine now.( using server.mappath in the
connectionstring.)

Now I can search a record without difficulties. However, my update, insert
and deletebuttons work only on my local computer,NOT on the hostserver.

So,my questions are: 1)What am I doing wrong (the error-message is to
cryptical for me!), and 2)isn't it possible to make a dynamic path via the
oledbconnection in the toolbar? (maybe via a key in the web.config?)

Thanks in advance!

Dirk

The error-message I get is :

No value given for one or more required parameters.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No value given for one
or more required parameters.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80040e10): No value given for one or more required
parameters.]
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows,
DataTableMapping tableMapping) +1662
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
+152
nieuwdatabase.WebForm1.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nieuwdatabase\default.aspx.vb:146 PATH ON MY LOCAL
COMPUTER!!!!
eventArgument) +57
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

My code in the default.aspx.vb file is as follows:

Imports System

Imports System.Data

Imports System.Data.OleDb

Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic

Public Class WebForm1

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

<System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent()

End Sub

Protected WithEvents lblboodschap As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Protected WithEvents Button5 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button

Protected WithEvents Button4 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button

Protected WithEvents Button3 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button

Protected WithEvents Button2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button

Protected WithEvents Button1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button

Protected WithEvents Label5 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Protected WithEvents Label4 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Protected WithEvents Label3 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Protected WithEvents Label2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Protected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Protected WithEvents txtnummer As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

Protected WithEvents txtnaam As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

Protected WithEvents txtadres As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

Protected WithEvents txtwoonplaats As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

Protected WithEvents txtpostcode As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

Designer.

'Do not delete or move it.

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init

InitializeComponent()

End Sub

#End Region

Dim conklanten As OleDbConnection

Dim dadklanten As New OleDbDataAdapter

Dim selklanten As IDbCommand

Dim upklanten As IDbCommand

Dim delklanten As IDbCommand

Dim inklanten As IDbCommand

Dim dasklanten As New DataSet

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim strcon As String

strcon = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE =" &
Server.MapPath("klanten.mdb") & ";"

conklanten = New OleDbConnection(strcon)

selklanten = conklanten.CreateCommand

selklanten.Connection = conklanten

upklanten = conklanten.CreateCommand

upklanten.Connection = conklanten

delklanten = conklanten.CreateCommand

delklanten.Connection = conklanten

inklanten = conklanten.CreateCommand

inklanten.Connection = conklanten

selklanten.CommandText = "Select * from tblklanten" '

selklanten.CommandType = CommandType.Text

dadklanten.SelectCommand = selklanten

upklanten.CommandText = "update tblklanten set adres = ?, naam = ?, nummer =
?, postcode = ?, woonplaats = ? where (nummer =?) and (adres = ? or ? is
Null and adres is null) and (naam =? or ? is null and naam is null) and
(postcode = ? or ? is null and postcode is null) and (woonplaats =? or ? is
null and woonplaats is null)"

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("adres",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50, "adres"))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("naam",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50, "naam"))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("nummer",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.Integer, 0, "nummer"))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("postcode",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50, "postcode"))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("woonplaats",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50, "woonplaats"))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_nummer",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.Integer, 0,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"nummer", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_adres",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"adres", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_adres1",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"adres", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_naam",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"naam", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_naam1",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"naam", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_postcode",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"postcode", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_postcode1",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"postcode", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_woonplaats",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"woonplaats", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("Original_woonplaats1",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50,
System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte),
"woonplaats", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing))

upklanten.CommandType = CommandType.Text

dadklanten.UpdateCommand = upklanten

delklanten.CommandText = "Delete from tblklanten where (nummer =?)"

delklanten.CommandType = CommandType.Text

delklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("nummer",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.Integer, 0, "nummer"))

dadklanten.DeleteCommand = delklanten

inklanten.CommandText = "insert into tblklanten(adres, naam, nummer,
postcode, woonplaats) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)"

inklanten.CommandType = CommandType.Text

inklanten.Connection = Me.conklanten

inklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("adres",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50, "adres"))

inklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("naam",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50, "naam"))

inklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("nummer",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.Integer, 0, "nummer"))

inklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("postcode",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50, "postcode"))

inklanten.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("woonplaats",
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarWChar, 50, "woonplaats"))

dadklanten.InsertCommand = inklanten

dadklanten.Fill(dasklanten, "tblklanten")

End Sub

Protected Overrides Sub finalize()

dadklanten.Dispose()

MyBase.Finalize()

End Sub

Private Sub Button5_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Button5.Click

subclear(True)

End Sub

Private Sub subclear(ByVal clearnummer As Boolean)

If clearnummer Then txtnummer.Text = ""

txtnaam.Text = ""

txtadres.Text = ""

txtpostcode.Text = ""

txtwoonplaats.Text = ""

lblboodschap.Text = ""

End Sub

Private Function funcontroleoke() As Boolean

If IsNumeric(txtnummer.Text) AndAlso txtnaam.Text.Trim <> "" AndAlso
txtadres.Text.Trim <> "" AndAlso txtpostcode.Text.Trim <> "" AndAlso
txtwoonplaats.Text.Trim <> "" Then

Return True

End If

End Function

Private Function funzoekrij() As Long

funzoekrij = -1

If IsNumeric(txtnummer.Text) Then

Dim wrij As Long

For wrij = 0 To dasklanten.Tables(0).Rows.Count - 1

If dasklanten.Tables(0).Rows(wrij)("nummer") = CLng(txtnummer.Text)
Then

funzoekrij = wrij

End If

Next

End If

End Function

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click ' =search

Dim wrij As Long = funzoekrij()

subclear(False)

If wrij < 0 Then

lblboodschap.Text = "Niet gevonden"

Else

With dasklanten.Tables(0)

txtnaam.Text = .Rows(wrij)("naam").ToString

txtadres.Text = .Rows(wrij)("adres").ToString

txtpostcode.Text = .Rows(wrij)("postcode").ToString

txtwoonplaats.Text = .Rows(wrij)("woonplaats").ToString

End With

End If

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click 'update

Dim wrij As Long = funzoekrij()

If wrij < 0 Then

lblboodschap.Text = "Niet gevonden"

Else

If Not funcontroleoke() Then

lblboodschap.Text = "Onvolledig"

Exit Sub

End If

With dasklanten.Tables(0)

.Rows(wrij)("naam") = txtnaam.Text

.Rows(wrij)("adres") = txtadres.Text

.Rows(wrij)("postcode") = txtpostcode.Text

.. Rows(wrij)("woonplaats") = txtwoonplaats.Text

End With

dadklanten.Update(dasklanten, "tblklanten")

subclear(True)

lblboodschap.Text = "Wijzigingen doorgevoerd"

End If

End Sub

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click

Dim wrij As Long = funzoekrij()

If wrij >= 0 Then

lblboodschap.Text = "Nummer Bestaat al"

Else

If Not funcontroleoke() Then

lblboodschap.Text = "Onvolledig"

Exit Sub

End If

Dim newrij As DataRow = dasklanten.Tables("tblklanten").NewRow

newrij("nummer") = txtnummer.Text

newrij("naam") = txtnaam.Text

newrij("adres") = txtadres.Text

newrij("woonplaats") = txtwoonplaats.Text

newrij("postcode") = txtpostcode.Text

dasklanten.Tables(0).Rows.Add(newrij)

dadklanten.Update(dasklanten, "tblklanten")

subclear(True)

lblboodschap.Text = "gegevens ingevoerd"

End If

End Sub

Private Sub Button4_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Button4.Click 'delete

Dim wrij As Long = funzoekrij()

If wrij < 0 Then

lblboodschap.Text = "Record met dit nr bestaat niet"

Else

dasklanten.Tables("tblklanten").Rows(wrij).Delete()

dadklanten.Update(dasklanten, "tblklanten")

subclear(True)

lblboodschap.Text = "gegevens verwijderd"

End If

End Sub

End Class

Hello everyone,
Being complete newbie in asp.net I am trying to make an example which works
with a very simple database.

First I made my project in VS- vb.net, draging an oledbconnection and an
oledbdataadapter from the toolbox into my form.

Everything worked fine on my local computer. I was able to search, update,
delete and insert into my klanten.mdb database.

When I tried then to upload my project to a hostserver, nothing worked
anymore! After some debugging, I found the reason: the connectionstring was