Contacts database using Exchange

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by musosdev, Jan 22, 2009.

  1. musosdev

    musosdev Guest

    Hi guys

    I have an Exchange / ASP.net related question - I'm not sure this is the
    right place, but I can't find any Exchange newsgroups in my subscription, so
    thought I'd try here.

    We have an Intranet which currently has an SQL 2005 database as it's
    database, holding things like Contacts, etc.

    As a company, we've just moved to Exchange/Outlook for email, and want our
    contacts from the Intranet to appear in the Global Address List.

    Now, as far as I can tell there are 2 ways... store our Contacts data in
    Exchange, or get Exchange/Outlook to poll the Contacts data of our Intranet.

    Everything I've seen points to the former as the solution, so first of all
    is there any way of doing the latter that I haven't discovered?!

    My tests for creating Contacts in Exchange work, but we always end up with a
    local (to our domain) email address. Clearly we don't want this, as these
    people don't work for us.

    So how do I stop Exchange automatically creating an email address for them
    on our domain!?

    I realise this is slightly off-top, but I'm stuck! Any help, advice or
    resources for getting Exchange / ASP.net working together would be greatly
    appreciated!

    Cheers

    Dan

    musosdev, Jan 22, 2009

  2. Hi Dan,

    this is definitely wrong group for such questions. Use
    microsoft.public.exchange.admin or similar

    Here's the answer
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Server_Applications/Q-24068688-5944.html

    Hope this helps

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 22, 2009

  3. musosdev

    musosdev Guest

    That looks great, thanks for taking the time to reply!

    musosdev, Jan 26, 2009
  4. great :) glad to help

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 26, 2009