Contacts database using Exchange

musosdev

Hi guys

I have an Exchange / ASP.net related question - I'm not sure this is the
right place, but I can't find any Exchange newsgroups in my subscription, so
thought I'd try here.

We have an Intranet which currently has an SQL 2005 database as it's
database, holding things like Contacts, etc.

As a company, we've just moved to Exchange/Outlook for email, and want our
contacts from the Intranet to appear in the Global Address List.

Now, as far as I can tell there are 2 ways... store our Contacts data in
Exchange, or get Exchange/Outlook to poll the Contacts data of our Intranet.

Everything I've seen points to the former as the solution, so first of all
is there any way of doing the latter that I haven't discovered?!

My tests for creating Contacts in Exchange work, but we always end up with a
local (to our domain) email address. Clearly we don't want this, as these
people don't work for us.

So how do I stop Exchange automatically creating an email address for them
on our domain!?

I realise this is slightly off-top, but I'm stuck! Any help, advice or
resources for getting Exchange / ASP.net working together would be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers

Dan

Guest

[...]

Hi Dan,

this is definitely wrong group for such questions. Use
microsoft.public.exchange.admin or similar

Here's the answer
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Server_Applications/Q-24068688-5944.html

Hope this helps