contributing code to ruby

maillist

Hi,

When contributing code to ruby for an extension, does the code have to
be only coded by the contributer or can it contain code distributed
under a open source licence?

Regards

Paul

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "contributing code to ruby"

|When contributing code to ruby for an extension, does the code have to
|be only coded by the contributer or can it contain code distributed
|under a open source licence?

Standard distribution contains some code licensed under GPL or other
open source licenses. But it's convenient for me if contributors
agreed to distribute their code under the same terms Ruby is (and will
be) distributed.

matz.

maillist

Thanks matz :) Its really nice of you to take the time to answer our
emails, I am not a perl programmer but I cant imagine Larry answers
basic questions (please forgive me if I am wrong).