Controlling the scrollbar

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Daniel, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hi there :)

    I'm making a small site in Flash. It has floating menus and windows which
    the user can drag to different areas of the screen. Therefore, I'd like to
    be able to let the users with large screen resolutions benefit from the
    extra browser screen space they have, while people with lower resolutions
    can still use the site.

    What I'm thinking of doing, is making my Flash stage very large, like what
    would fit on a 2048x1536 screen, but let the menu starting point be top
    middle, so that each user's space expands circularly from this point, like
    this:

    ===========================_=X=
    ===============================
    | http://blahblah |
    ===============================
    | MENU |
    | MENU |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    ===============================

    This means that the menu's center will be at the Flash stage's center, which
    would be x==1024 px. Only thing is, if I just drop my Flash swf inside a div
    in HTML, the default will be that the point 0,0 lies at the HTML page's 0,0
    point, i.e. you'd have to center the horizontal scroll bar to get it to look
    like the illustration above :)

    How would I go about getting the browser to automatically center the HTML
    page so that my menu inside Flash would stand in the horizontal middle like
    in the illustration?

    Thanks in advance,
    Daniel :)

    Daniel, Feb 7, 2004