    though i am able to move from one window to another but is unable to
    remove the previous one from the screen. does anybody have a idea how
    to do away with this problem.

    varun chadha, Jul 3, 2008

  2. I've never done that with Tkinter, but this thread talks about one way
    to do it:

    http://forums.devshed.com/python-programming-11/writing-a-wizard-with-tkinter-353083.html

    I use wxPython myself and it's fairly trivial to do it in that
    toolkit. Hopefully the Tkinter gurus will jump in here.

    Mike

    Mike Driscoll, Jul 3, 2008

  3. There are several solutions to this. You could just pack_forget the
    another window and pack a new one in its place.
    I have just prepared a simple Wizard, you can take a look at it here:
    http://code.google.com/p/python-ttk/wiki/ttkWizard and you will notice
    that it uses ttk. If you already use tk 8.5, and tkinter compiled
    against it, then ttk is available, otherwise you have to install tile
    or compile tkinter with tk 8.5 (python 2.6b1 includes tk 8.5.2 in the
    windows build). To use the ttk widgets you will need a wrapper and you
    will find one here: http://code.google.com/p/python-ttk/

    Guilherme Polo, Jul 3, 2008