controls and performance

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ashish, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Ashish

    Ashish Guest

    hi all,
    Iam trying to investigate some serious memory problems and ways to
    optimize them in our web application.

    some of the information i collected using the performance monitor, is
    that number of assemblies loaded per appdomain is large,
    we have a lot of pages which are using number of user controls,
    some of the documentation i read in this respect was that when asp.net
    will compile the page ( first time it is accessed) it will create an
    assembly for each page , and if that page references user controls,
    assemblies would be created for each user control too

    I dont know how much iam correct on this

    this would load a large amount of assemblies and assemblies would not be
    unloaded untill the appdomain gets unlaoded from asp.net wp

    some articles on monitoring and performance also say that avoid using
    <%@reference .. > , <@%import ... > or <@%register > directives as these
    would create parse time dependencies, and use LoadControl instead, in
    all the examples online to use usercontrols, even though we can use
    loadcontrol, we still need to <@%register > directive to strong type casting

    can anyone throw more light on this, and may be tell me if my
    investigation is going in right direction or not,

    any help/pointers would be appreciated

    Regards
    -ashish

    Ashish, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Ashish

    Ashish Guest

    can someone atleast tell me which group to post this problem to ?, we
    are getting a lot of complaints from customers regarding the out of
    memory exception, and we need to do something about it

    thanks
    -ashish

    Ashish, Dec 5, 2003