controls and performance

Ashish

hi all,
Iam trying to investigate some serious memory problems and ways to
optimize them in our web application.

some of the information i collected using the performance monitor, is
that number of assemblies loaded per appdomain is large,
we have a lot of pages which are using number of user controls,
some of the documentation i read in this respect was that when asp.net
will compile the page ( first time it is accessed) it will create an
assembly for each page , and if that page references user controls,
assemblies would be created for each user control too

I dont know how much iam correct on this

this would load a large amount of assemblies and assemblies would not be
unloaded untill the appdomain gets unlaoded from asp.net wp

some articles on monitoring and performance also say that avoid using
<%@reference .. > , <@%import ... > or <@%register > directives as these
would create parse time dependencies, and use LoadControl instead, in
all the examples online to use usercontrols, even though we can use
loadcontrol, we still need to <@%register > directive to strong type casting

can anyone throw more light on this, and may be tell me if my
investigation is going in right direction or not,

any help/pointers would be appreciated

Regards
-ashish

Ashish

Ashish said:
[...]

can someone atleast tell me which group to post this problem to ?, we
are getting a lot of complaints from customers regarding the out of
memory exception, and we need to do something about it

thanks
-ashish