conversion array of double in variant

Luc Dal

Hello,
In an ASP page, I use the result (named y) of an external object (which has
been called by server.createobject)

This result, y, is an array of double (of size (n,1)).
As it's not a variant, ASP send me an error (type incompatible) when I want
to use it
Is it possible to convert y in a variant type so that I can use it to make
some computations in ASP ?
Thanks for your help

Evertjan.

Luc Dal wrote on 09 sep 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hello,
In an ASP page, I use the result (named y) of an external object
(which has been called by server.createobject)

This result, y, is an array of double (of size (n,1)).
As it's not a variant, ASP send me an error (type incompatible) when I
want to use it
Is it possible to convert y in a variant type so that I can use it to
make some computations in ASP ?
Thanks for your help

ASP is not a language, but a platform.

Do you use vbscrpt or jscript?

Please post relevant code.

dal.luc

Sorry for the mistake : I know ASP is not a language.
I use vbscript in my asp pages
Thanks for assistance
Luc

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Luc said:
Hello,
In an ASP page, I use the result (named y) of an external object
(which has been called by server.createobject)

This result, y, is an array of double (of size (n,1)).
As it's not a variant, ASP send me an error (type incompatible) when
I want to use it
Is it possible to convert y in a variant type so that I can use it to
make some computations in ASP ?
Thanks for your help

These should provide your answer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;244012
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197956

Building COM Components That Take Full Advantage of Visual Basic and
Scripting
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/msdn_vbscriptcom.htm

Bob Barrows

Evertjan.

(e-mail address removed) wrote on 09 sep 2005 in
Sorry for the mistake : I know ASP is not a language.
I use vbscript in my asp pages
Thanks for assistance

[please always quote on usenet]

I wrote also:
Please post relevant code.

This in order of us being able to give a relevant answer.