Convert varbinary SQLtype to 1-dimensional array of bytes

Guest

Hi

I need to convert a single value (based on a stored procedure call) - a SQL
datatype of varbinary to be precise - to a 1-dimensional array of bytes in my
ASP.NET application.

I use a SQLDataReader to make the stored procedure call and if I try to show
the return value on the web page it reads "System.Byte[]". I use the
varbinary field in the SQL tabel to store a so called salted password hash.
No problem storing it - but the validating procedure falls because of this
problem.

Thanks
Peter D.C.