Cookie is not created why ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by raagz, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. raagz

    raagz Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to create a cookie from the value that is passed through
    the querystring.here is the piece of code.

    cookiename and cookiedata are passed through URL.

    HttpCookie TISCookie = new HttpCookie(cookieName,cookieData);
    TISCookie.Expires = DateTime.MaxValue;
    Response.Cookies.Add(TISCookie);

    but this works fine with localhost i.e URL is
    http://localhost/webform1.aspx

    whereas with machine name it does not i.e
    http://p41234/webform1.aspx

    The cookie is not at all created.

    Thanks
    Raagz

    raagz, Aug 18, 2004

  2. raagz

    Marina Guest

    The browser might have different rules set up for when it accepts cookise.
    It might accept them from the intranet zone, but not from the internet zone.

    Marina, Aug 18, 2004

  3. raagz

    qqq Guest

    IE will always accept cookies from localhost. See Tools/Internet
    Options/Privacy/Advanced. Note that the message says "choose how cookies are
    handled IN THE INTERNET ZONE".

    Paul.

    qqq, Aug 31, 2004