    Bu Mihai Guest

    How can i copy with ruby a file from my computer to another computer
    from lan? I have the administrator password of that computer.

    Bu Mihai, Sep 30, 2008

  2. If the way you login to the other computer is with ssh, then I'd suggest
    using Net::SFTP (available as a gem)

    Brian Candler, Sep 30, 2008

  3. Bu Mihai

    Dick Davies Guest

    If it's UNIX/Linux, use scp . If it's Windows, expect you can use file shares
    (or just stick it on a webserver and pull it down with a browser).

    Dick Davies, Sep 30, 2008
  4. Bu Mihai

    Bu Mihai Guest

    i have this problem with net::sftp:
    code:
    require 'net/ssh'
    require 'net/sftp'
    session = Net::SSH.start("machine1","administrator","baubau")

    I have this error:
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/net-ssh-2.0.4/lib/net/ssh.rb:151:in
    `start': undefined method `keys' for "baubau":String (NoMethodError)
    from connect.rb:10

    The machine1 is up and the password is a valid one.

    Bu Mihai, Sep 30, 2008
  5. Bu Mihai

    Todd Benson Guest

    According to the docs for SSH (and also SFTP), the third parameter
    should be a Hash...

    session = Net::SSH.start("machine1", "administrator", :password => "baubau")

    ...or for SFTP...

    session = Net::SFTP.start("machine1", "administrator", :password => "baubau")

    Try it outside of ruby first (in unix shell)...
    Todd

    Todd Benson, Sep 30, 2008