Could not load type

Neil Ramsbottom

Hi,

I have built an application using ASP.NET. I can compile and run this
application fine on a development machine, and on another development
machine.

I tried to then run the same application on yet another development machine
(were trying to get a new revision control system up and running on this
project) but the application always reports 'Could not load type' when we
try and run a page.

The problem can be solved by modifying the codebehind and re-building, but
that would take a very long time!. Why does this happen?

I've read about Windows XP caching files at compile time, could this be
something to do with it? I know for sure that there is absolutely nothing
wrong with the code, and I'll be damned if anyone can prove otherwise - it
works fine... if I add a single comment char to the codebehind!

Below is the output that I get when I run the application for the first time
on a new development machine (the 'default' page).

Can anyone shed any light on this - it's most frustrating!

Neil Ramsbottom

Server Error in '/Capture' Application.
----

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type
'Cencion.Disney2003.Capture.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb"
Inherits="Cencion.Disney2003.Capture.Global" %>

Source File:
N:\Development\Projects\Cencion\Disney\Disney2003\Capture\global.asax
Line: 1

Neil Ramsbottom

I'm at the end of my tether with this.We are trying to develop a large
application, but we are constantly having to spend time rebuilding
individual files because of this damn stupid bug. If time were not a factor,
we would be switching this project to Java.

In light of the apparent lack of assistance that Microsoft appear to want to
give regarding this, I will be considering Java over .NET for future
projects.

I'm not normally one to have a pop at Microsoft, but this really is taking
the p**s. The one KB article on it (that I could fine) is no help
whatsoever.

Neil Ramsbottom

Natty Gur

Neil hi,

I'm willing to help, if you want.

When you got this error if you create new file in the bin directory does
it stop the error message. Can you send me the code of the global class?
Until now every time that I saw that error it was related to the code.

Cheer up, I participate in very large and complex .net projects and
although there where problems we manage to solve them all.

If you want e-mail me to (e-mail address removed).

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114