could ruby programming capture a media title?

Zhenning Guan

I have a thought on if we could capture a media title when we watch a
movies through mplayer.
I'm afraid not.. not for a specific programming like ruby, but I would
really enjoy it if someone make it real in ruby.

Jason Stewart

I have a thought on if we could capture a media title when we watch a
movies through mplayer.
I'm afraid not.. not for a specific programming like ruby, but I would
really enjoy it if someone make it real in ruby.

You might have some luck with FFMpeg (http://ffmpeg.org).

Let us know when you've written the code. Media processing is an
interest of mine.

Regards,
Jason

Eric Hodel

I have a thought on if we could capture a media title when we watch a
movies through mplayer.
I'm afraid not.. not for a specific programming like ruby, but I would
really enjoy it if someone make it real in ruby.

I'm working on it:

$ ruby -Ilib sample/metadata.rb ~/Movies/A\ History\ Of\ Violence.mp4
A History Of Violence.mp4 metadata:
album: ""
author: ""
comment: ""
copyright: ""
filename: "/Users/drbrain/Movies/A History Of Violence.mp4"
genre: "Drama"
title: "A History Of Violence"

https://github.com/drbrain/ffmpeg-rb/tree

Eric Hodel

Sweet! Nice work.

I did a bunch of shell scripting which had me tearing my hair out..
I'd
love to replace it with Ruby code using your library.

For extracting it will work as-is. I recently got audio/video
transcoding working, but only on a limited basis (same audio sampling
rate, etc.). I'm not sure how to update metadata without transcoding,
haven't looked into it at all.