    movies through mplayer.
    I'm afraid not.. not for a specific programming like ruby, but I would
    really enjoy it if someone make it real in ruby.

    Zhenning Guan, Sep 4, 2009

  2. You might have some luck with FFMpeg (http://ffmpeg.org).

    Let us know when you've written the code. Media processing is an
    interest of mine.

    Regards,
    Jason

    Jason Stewart, Sep 4, 2009

  3. Zhenning Guan

    Eric Hodel Guest

    I'm working on it:

    $ ruby -Ilib sample/metadata.rb ~/Movies/A\ History\ Of\ Violence.mp4
    A History Of Violence.mp4 metadata:
    album: ""
    author: ""
    comment: ""
    copyright: ""
    filename: "/Users/drbrain/Movies/A History Of Violence.mp4"
    genre: "Drama"
    title: "A History Of Violence"

    https://github.com/drbrain/ffmpeg-rb/tree

    Eric Hodel, Sep 4, 2009
  4. Zhenning Guan

    spiralofhope Guest

    Sweet! Nice work.

    I did a bunch of shell scripting which had me tearing my hair out.. I'd
    love to replace it with Ruby code using your library.

    spiralofhope, Sep 6, 2009
  5. Zhenning Guan

    Eric Hodel Guest

    For extracting it will work as-is. I recently got audio/video
    transcoding working, but only on a limited basis (same audio sampling
    rate, etc.). I'm not sure how to update metadata without transcoding,
    haven't looked into it at all.

    Eric Hodel, Sep 9, 2009