Count Current Invalid Password Attempts

badaczewski

I would like to be notified via email when a user account has been
locked due to the user exceeding the "MaxInvalidPasswordAttempts"
property of the membership provider. I know that SQL tracks this
current count number, but is there any way for me to access it?
Remember, this count is only increased when the username matches and
the password or password-answer doesn't. Since there is a distinction
between failing validation and failing to enter a correct password I
can't just implement a value each time the account comes up as not
valid.

sloan

I am not "all knowing" in this area, but my idea would be to:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using System.Web.Security;

namespace MyCompany.Security.Web.Providers
{
public class MySuperCoolMembershipProvider : SqlMembershipProvider

Then you could override some methods, call "base.MethodWhatever", but track
some things.

This is a loose idea, I don't know if its an exact fit for your need(s).