    greymausg Guest

    I start CPAN, and enter, say, "i /^Text/". How do
    I stop the deluge of answers, as in 'more'?

    greymausg, Mar 8, 2014

  2. The CPAN shell supports | and > with their 'usual' (shell) meaning you
    can do a

    i /^Text/ | less

    in order to pipe the result to the less program (according to the
    documentation, there has to be a space in front of the |).

    NB: In contrast to the documentation, at least the CPAN shell I used for
    testing doesn't ignore SIGPIPE which meant that it suddenly exited when
    terminating the pager before it read of the output. An explicit

    ! $SIG{PIPE} = 'IGNORE'

    could be used to work around that.

    Rainer Weikusat, Mar 8, 2014

  3. The CPAN shell supports | and > with their 'usual' (shell) meaning you
    can do a

    i /^Text/ | less

    in order to pipe the result to the less program (according to the
    documentation, there has to be a space in front of the |).

    NB: In contrast to the documentation, at least the CPAN shell I used for
    testing didn't ignore SIGPIPE which meant that it suddenly exited when
    terminating the pager before it read all of the output. An explicit

    Rainer Weikusat, Mar 8, 2014
  4. greymausg

    greymausg Guest

    Thanks.