CPanel

Kris

Karl Core said:
Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

As I am not very proficient at wielding a command line interface nor
know sufficient of .htaccess and the like, I love CPanel for it's ease
of use and ability get complicated things done in little time with a
minimum technical knowledge.

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Karl Core said:
Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

We have about 75 of our servers running Cpanel. Customers love it. It
sells alot of hosting packages for us.

From an admin point of view, there are things about it that are frustrating
(lots of stuff zend encoded, things that could be fixed/tweaked, dependant
on their license server, etc.). However, overall, its not bad at all.

--Tina

Roy Schestowitz

Karl said:
I mean from a sysadmin's perspective.

Admittedly, I never saw the system administrator's side, but I have _never_
had to report any problems, difficulties or bugs with CPanel. Based on
that, it's probably highly reliable.

Matt-the-Hoople

In Karl Core <[email protected]> walked into the bar with a grape in each
nostril and said to the bartender:
:: Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

It's a good, quick interface. Quite possibly the best thing since whiskey
in bottles.

# -Matt

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Roy Schestowitz said:
Admittedly, I never saw the system administrator's side, but I have
_never_
had to report any problems, difficulties or bugs with CPanel. Based on
that, it's probably highly reliable.

To get an idea of some of the issues with Cpanel, head on over to their
forums. As I said earlier though, its really not bad at all. Like any
software, there's a bit of a learning curve and you need to make sure you
keep it up to date and take care of any reported issues right away.

--Tina

Richard

Karl said:
Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

For it's purpose, cpanel is a necessary tool to administer a site with.
Easily understood and handled.

Peter - nativespace hosting

Karl said:
Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

Out of all the various control panels, there is nothing to touch it.
Just needs checking out every day to see if theres a security issue that
needs updating,