    CRC-8: polynomial x^8 + x^7 + x^2 + 1
    i CRC-16: polynomial x^16 + x^15 + x^2 + 1
    ?

    Mamut, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Have you tried googling for those?

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 21, 2007

  3. Mamut

    Mamut Guest

    yes but for this polynomials I can't find...

    Mamut, Feb 21, 2007
  4. If you just need to calculate polynomials, what's the problem?
    Write a function that takes your argument and multiplies and
    adds what you need. Example:

    // 'n' = degree, 'a' = array of factors (sized n+1)
    // 'x' = parameter
    double polynomial(double x, double *a, size_t n)
    {
    double result = a[n];
    while (n) {
    result *= x;
    result += a[--n];
    }
    return result;
    }

    Now, all you need is to define the proper arguments...

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 21, 2007
  5. Mamut

    Mamut Guest

    no, I need to calculate CRC sum based on these polinomials and I can't
    do this.

    Mamut, Feb 22, 2007
  6. This sound like an admission of defeat. What seems to be the problem?
    Do you have the algorithm? If yes, have you attempted to convert it
    into C++ terms? If yes, do you get compiler errors? If yes, read the
    FAQ 5.8. If you don't have the algorithm, we can't help you. Try
    posting to comp.programming or search for it on the web. Once you
    find the algorithm, try writing it down in C++ terms. If you don't
    succeed (and how would you know unless the compiler complains, right?),
    post what you have and the errors (IOW, follow the recommendations of
    FAQ 5.8).

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 22, 2007