Create configurable Web Interfaces

Discussion in 'Java' started by Xavier, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Xavier

    Xavier Guest

    Good Afternoon,

    I would like to build a Web application using JSP, Servlets over
    Struts. However I want that the users could configure their interfaces
    once they are logged. By configuring interface, I mean that a user
    could choose to hide/show an input of a form, choose if this input is
    read-only or notn change the color of the fields...

    I've though it would be a good idea of using a simple XML
    configuration file for each user to do that like this one :

    <config>
    <ITEM ID="name_input">
    <DISPLAY>1</DISPLAY>
    <CHANGE>1</CHANGE>
    <COLOR>red</COLOR>
    </ITEM>
    <config>

    By the way, I must use the i18n tag to manage the translation of my
    application in different language.

    I'm a beginner in using these technologies and I'd like to have some
    advises from someone who did a configurable Web application.

    I hope Someone will help me.

    Thank you very much

    Xavier MOGHRABI
    http://www.enstimac.fr/~moghrabi/