Create configurable Web Interfaces

Xavier

Good Afternoon,

I would like to build a Web application using JSP, Servlets over
Struts. However I want that the users could configure their interfaces
once they are logged. By configuring interface, I mean that a user
could choose to hide/show an input of a form, choose if this input is
read-only or notn change the color of the fields...

I've though it would be a good idea of using a simple XML
configuration file for each user to do that like this one :

<config>
<ITEM ID="name_input">
<DISPLAY>1</DISPLAY>
<CHANGE>1</CHANGE>
<COLOR>red</COLOR>
</ITEM>
<config>

By the way, I must use the i18n tag to manage the translation of my
application in different language.

I'm a beginner in using these technologies and I'd like to have some
advises from someone who did a configurable Web application.

I hope Someone will help me.

Thank you very much

Xavier MOGHRABI
http://www.enstimac.fr/~moghrabi/