Create shortcut for website programlly

baroque Chou

We build a web site and have some registred user, we want to offer such
a feature that the user can access our site from his or her desktop
shortcut and want it be log on automatic.
So I plan to add some code , that create the shortcut for our user, the
user might click some button telling "I want make a shortcut for this
site"

Winista

You users can add the link or site into their FAVORITEs.
But to create a link on desktop you would need help of an activex control
kind of component. Web app can't directly interact with local system.

Joey

I would think that to automate the logon would require the use of
querystring appended to the end of the shortcut URL. That would show as
plain text in the browser window, and probably would not be a good
idea!

....unless you have some other way to do it.