creating nested websites?

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Not exactly sure what you mean by this, but this type of thing is solely
controlled by settings in the webserver (IIS we assume). So, if you have any
domain whether it is a subdomain or not, you would specify it's root folder
location in IIS, along with the IP address / domain information. Maybe if you
provide more detail somebody can give more help.
--Peter
"Inside every large program, there is a small program trying to get out."
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
http://www.blogmetafinder.com

Andy B

The domain name is set up with the virtual root path for the application.
There really isn't much to tell (I don't really know more than I have
already said). I had to make a whole new website as another post I replied
to with the subject of runtime errors running under a subdomain would really
tell the rest of it...

James Crosswell

Andy said:
I have 1 main website at www.eternityrecords.org. The files are layed out in
the root of the webserver space. I need a folder in this root space to point
to a subdomain. Any way to do that?

What do you mean by a folder "pointing" to a subdomain??? When you go to
www.eternityrecords.org/yourcustomfolder/ what do you want to display
there??? Presumably not stuff that actually exists in a subfolder of
your web site or even another folder on your disk (i.e. a virtual
directory)... you want it to display stuff from another web site? Like a
web site (hosted on a different machine) with a name like
subdomain.eternityrecords.org? Or something else entirely?

Best Regards,

James Crosswell
Microforge.net LLC
http://www.microforge.net

Andy B

When I go to subdomain.eternityrecords.org I want the contents of this
subfolder to show...