Creating updateable tables (datgrid won't work)

Coleen

Hi All :)
I have a table that I need to be able to add, update and delete. A datagrid
won't work(unless some one can explain how to easily create columns with
static data) I have a table with this format: Column1 is the product name,
it is NOT derived from a product code it needs to be static - it will always
show the same products in the same order; column 2 is read only; column 3 is
add, update, delete; column 4 is add, update, delete...last column is
calculated totals from data entered in columns 1 - N. I also need to have a
summary row as the last row summarizing the totals of each column. How can
I do this in tables or datagrid? Any help or links would be greatly
appreciated. TIA

Coleen

Alessandro Zifiglio

You can do this with the datagrid, or the datalist and they both have edit
capabilities. Just dont bind your static data, and define it as is. STATIC.
Theres a lot of articles online that demonstrate this. This one should give
you a kickstart :
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/samples/webforms/ctrlref/web
ctrl/datagrid/doc_datagrid.aspx

For the summary row, that is the totals row, google "totals row datagrid
asp.net" should produce some results. Its all out there on google ;)
Merry christmas ;)

Coleen

Thanks so much for the link!
I'm glad to know that I CAN do the things I NEED to do...

Coleen

I don't know if you'll check back on this Alessandro, but if you do, the
link you gave me below links to "Sample Currently Unavailable Online" Do
you have any other suggestions for links to create a mixed static/dynamic
datagrid? And thanks very much for the tip on the Google Search, that
turned up loads. Problem with the Datagrid search is the description of
what I'm trying to do - I get a lot of datagrid hits, but it's too broad a
search and I get too much, but not what I need...

Thanks again :)

Coleen

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi coleen, the link works but its broken into two halves coz it wont fit.
Rebuild it as one single line and copy and paste the whole link in your
browser.
As for your totals column try this article on dotnetjunkies.com, here :
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Article/2F527E21-A6C5-497A-8B56-4150BDAF711D.dcik
seems explained out nicely. The rest, you might want to read that previous
article on samples.gotdotnet.com. . here i'm pasting again, but it will
still break it and coz its too long, so rebuild it into one line and paste
it in your browser address bar ;P
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quicks...ms/ctrlref/webctrl/datagrid/doc_datagrid.aspx

Glad i could help, Coleen ;)

Coleen

Thanks Alessandro - I do appreciate it. I tried the link last week, and
even went to the main page and tried navigating to the samples that way.
The web site must have been undergoing work, because I can get to the
samples today :)