cross sub-domains session sharing

Beno?t Rigaut

I have 2 domains X.AAAA.BB and Y.AAAA.BB and I would like to share
sessions values between them.

According to the cookie specification it is possible to create a
cookie with a common domain setting: .AAAA.BB. Thus the browser will
send back the cookie to both of the web sites X.AAAA.BB and Y.AAAA.BB.
(cf. http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/#3.3)

Is it possible to ask the .Net framework to set the session cookie to
..AAAA.BB instead of the full domain name of the current web site?

Many thanks for your help,

bruce barker

by default no. nor is it possible with inproc sessions (as the session data
is in the appdomain of the vdir). if you use out of process sessions, and
take over session management you can do it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)