CrystalReportViewer ReportSource problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brian Watkins, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Help!

    I keep getting the message "Use the RepostSource or Databindings property to
    specify a report source." when I try to view my WebForm1.aspx page in the
    browser.

    I'm trying to create a simple vb coded asp.net web application that
    displays a Crystal Report using the CrystalReportViewer control packaged in
    Visual Studio.net. I've been able to create a webapplication "WebApp1" that
    has the WebForm1.aspx page in it. I dropped the CRV control onto the
    WF1.apsx and used the Databinding property to set the ReportSource to the
    Crystal report "CR1" I want to display. In design mode I can see that CR1
    is bound to the Webform properly because I can see the report format. But
    when I try to look at it in a browser I just get the grey CRv control box
    with the above error message.

    Other information:

    I'm calling the crv.databind method in the page_load.
    I'm using a report with no database connections for testing until I get this
    simple report displayed in the browser.

    Does anyone know what I need to do to get my report to display in the
    Browser? Thanks in advance!

    Brian Watkins, Jul 10, 2003