CSS Trouble

PRESENT321

On my site, I have this added as a temporary workaround:

#wrapper {
border:1px solid black;
}

If I take it off, in Firefox the whole site is offset about 10em from
the top of the page.
www.osbornewood.com

Any ideas how to fix this?

Matthew

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

On my site, I have this added as a temporary workaround:

#wrapper {
border:1px solid black;
}

What is the purpose of the #wrapper?

I removed the:

#wrapper {
position:relative; <-- this

and the problem went away.

If I take it off, in Firefox the whole site is offset about 10em from
the top of the page.
www.osbornewood.com

Any ideas how to fix this?

You'll want to take a look at the rest of the errors, as well.
<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.osbornewood.com/>

Paul Watt

On my site, I have this added as a temporary workaround:

#wrapper {
border:1px solid black;
}

If I take it off, in Firefox the whole site is offset about 10em from
the top of the page.
www.osbornewood.com

Any ideas how to fix this?

Matthew

Have you tried (without me looking at your code, too lazy!);
body {margin:0;
padding:0;}

--
Cheers

Paul
le singe est dans l'arbre
http://www.paulwatt.info

Jonathan N. Little

Nope, that's not it.

Matthew

Matthew as BTS suggested, fix your markup errors first. If you have
errors and your are relying on the browser to 'guess' what you meant,
how things display can be very unpredictable. Also each browser can
'guess' and come to a different conclusion compounding the problem! I
can see quickly that you are using HTML but no DOCTYPE you should att
this at the top:

Next you have several places where you are using XHTML style closing for
a tag, this is invalid for HTML so:

should be:

Lastly you have some nesting errors and at least one paragraph where you
have a closing '</p>' tag but was not opened.

Use the validator as BTS has shown you

http://validator.w3.org

Fix your markup and then come back and we may be able to spot your trouble.