CSS3 properties invalid.

Rik

Hi all,

I'd like to use some CSS3 properties like box-sizing and opacity. It's
poorly supported, I know, but the content will not 'break' if I don't use it
(a nice degrade is always a must).

Now, if I try to validate my pages, W3C nags about them being a
non-existent. Offcourse, I can ignore the validator if I know better, but
I'd like your input on some questions:
1. Is there a way I can 'tell' the UA it's CSS3? (maybe even add a seperate
css for CSS3 properties). Something along the line of <link rel="stylesheet"
href="URI" type="text/css" version="3.0" />
2. Will rendering be 'quircky' if I add properties like this, or will the
page (was is otherwiose fully standards compliant) be rendered the same?

Thanks for your input,

Spartanicus

Rik said:
I'd like to use some CSS3 properties like box-sizing and opacity. It's
poorly supported, I know, but the content will not 'break' if I don't use it
(a nice degrade is always a must).

Now, if I try to validate my pages, W3C nags about them being a
non-existent.

Using the extended interface you can choose to check against another
version http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri

There is no "version" attribute for the said:
2. Will rendering be 'quircky' if I add properties like this, or will the
page (was is otherwiose fully standards compliant) be rendered the same?

It will have no effect in browsers.