    Native platform look and feel

    Thanks,

    Guerry

    Guerry Semones, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Guerry Semones

    Aredridel Guest

    --=-LeUjEVUETUC+TigOWWkq

    Sounds like this one's a topic for the RubyGarden wiki.

    I'm happily using wxWindows and GNOME2 with Ruby. Portability to Windows
    and MacOS both doesn't leave you many options, though.

    FXRuby is on my to-play-with list, but I've not had time yet.

    Masao Mutoh and other's work on GTK2/GNOME2 is really impressive. The
    object models are actually somewhat merged, now, in the CVS. You can
    implement GTK objects in Ruby.

    As far as I know, the GTK bindings works under win32. With the Luna
    theme installed, it looks XP-like, too, so it merges well with the
    system.

    Speed is great, with the exception of a heavily loaded GtkTreeView, but
    that's GTK and my implementation's fault, I think.

    Enjoy.

    Ari

    --=-LeUjEVUETUC+TigOWWkq

    --=-LeUjEVUETUC+TigOWWkq--