Current List of GUI Toolkits for Ruby???

Guerry Semones

Not meaning to open this can of worms all over again, but my searches
for a current GUI toolkit list is not being very successful. OTOH,
it's always a lively discussion. It's just been awhile since I've
needed to examine this particular stuff....

I'm hoping for:
Cross-platform (win/linux/freebsd/macOSX)
Thread-friendly

Not as concerned with:
Native platform look and feel

Thanks,

Guerry

Aredridel

--=-LeUjEVUETUC+TigOWWkq

Not meaning to open this can of worms all over again, but my searches
for a current GUI toolkit list is not being very successful. OTOH,
it's always a lively discussion. It's just been awhile since I've
needed to examine this particular stuff....

Sounds like this one's a topic for the RubyGarden wiki.

I'm happily using wxWindows and GNOME2 with Ruby. Portability to Windows
and MacOS both doesn't leave you many options, though.

FXRuby is on my to-play-with list, but I've not had time yet.

Masao Mutoh and other's work on GTK2/GNOME2 is really impressive. The
object models are actually somewhat merged, now, in the CVS. You can
implement GTK objects in Ruby.

As far as I know, the GTK bindings works under win32. With the Luna
theme installed, it looks XP-like, too, so it merges well with the
system.

Speed is great, with the exception of a heavily loaded GtkTreeView, but
that's GTK and my implementation's fault, I think.

Enjoy.

Ari

--=-LeUjEVUETUC+TigOWWkq

--=-LeUjEVUETUC+TigOWWkq--