curses and color

Skeleton Man

I'm trying to use the Curses.pm module for an interface to the curses
library (ncurses) on my freebsd based system.
The problem is when I try and use the color_set() function to set the
background/foreground color pair.

The following code produces the error "curses constant 'color_set' is not
defined by your vendor":

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Curses;
$win = new Curses;

start_color();

$win->color_set(1,NULL);
$win->addstr(20, 2, "This is a test");
$win->refresh;
endwin;

I have checked the man page for ncurses and it clearly shows color_set() as
being supported.
Also the documentation for Curses.pm says anything supported by your curses
library can be used with it.

I need raw access to curses and not something like curses::widgets, as I
want to draw everything myself.. (and not have a pre-made box or button..)

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Chris