curses and color

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Skeleton Man, May 25, 2004.

  1. Skeleton Man

    Skeleton Man Guest

    I'm trying to use the Curses.pm module for an interface to the curses
    library (ncurses) on my freebsd based system.
    The problem is when I try and use the color_set() function to set the
    background/foreground color pair.

    The following code produces the error "curses constant 'color_set' is not
    defined by your vendor":

    #!/usr/bin/perl

    use Curses;
    $win = new Curses;

    start_color();

    $win->color_set(1,NULL);
    $win->addstr(20, 2, "This is a test");
    $win->refresh;
    endwin;

    I have checked the man page for ncurses and it clearly shows color_set() as
    being supported.
    Also the documentation for Curses.pm says anything supported by your curses
    library can be used with it.

    I need raw access to curses and not something like curses::widgets, as I
    want to draw everything myself.. (and not have a pre-made box or button..)

    Any ideas ?

    Regards,
    Chris

    Skeleton Man, May 25, 2004