Custom Column Widths

cbanks

I have a datagrid which displays five columns of data. Since several
columns display "Y" or "N" or 1-9 I have modified all the column widths
to display my data. Under normal viewing, the grid looks great when
filled with data. When I go into an edit mode on a row, everything
get's messed up. Some columns go narrow, while others go wider (not
like a 'default' grid).
Is there a way to maintain custom widths when you go into an edit mode?
I have two buttons at in the last two columns; Edit and Delete, which
become Update and Cancel.

Thanks
Charles

Mike MacMillan

cbanks,
when you edit a row, custom html is written to handle editing that
could possibly skew a table with strictly sized column widths. try
overriding the EditItemStyle property of the DataGrid control to
provide your own style for the edit controls.

hope this helps,
Mike MacMillan

cbanks

Mike,

I looked at html before writing to the board, which is why I thought I
was missing something. I saw the styles for select, edit and
alternating items, which all match what I want. I also only saw one
entry for each of my columns that also had all the correct settings.
My edit item matches all other settings:
<ItemStyle Font-Size="Smaller" Font-Names="Arial"></ItemStyle>
<EditItemStyle Font-Size="Smaller" Font-Names="Arial"></EditItemStyle>
Could you please tell me if I need something more?

Thanks