Custom Control not dropped on web page

JohnnyV

I have created a strong name for the textbox custom control and dropped it
in the GAC.
I try to create a new web app
I right-click on the toolbox and choose the Add/Remove components
I choose the dll of the textbox custom control, it gets added to the toolbox
If I try to drag the control onto the web page or do a double-click on it,
it is not dropped on the web page
If I manually add a reference to the dll in the solution explorer and then
try to drop the control, it gets dropped on the web page
Is there a way to overcome this problem???

Alessandro Zifiglio

Are you selecting your component via the .net tab and not the com's tab.
When right clicking on the toolbox, the "com" tab is the default selected
tab and its easy to confuse the two.

JohnnyV

You are right for vs.net 2002 (apart from the fact that the .net component
will not be recognized as a com server and hence will not allow you to add
via the com tab) , but I am using vs.net 2003 and here the .net tab comes
first and the com tab follows. The strange thing is that I have this problem
only if the component is present in the GAC.