Custom server control: Retrieving individual posted values

Mark

Hi, I am playing around with creating custom server controls for use within
a ASP.NET page.

I am creating a contact form and have the following question

I am capturing the form postback data in a routine called LoadPostData that
has the following signature and which implements the IPostBackDataHandler
event handler

public bool LoadPostData(string postDataKey,
System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection postCollection)

If I examine the postCollection collection and pass in the uniqueID
(postDataKey) of my control, I do in fact retrieve the information entered
in the contact form, delimited by a "," character.

e.g my custom control has input fields

txtName
txtPhone
txtEmail

As a test I entered the following data in the control and pressed the submit
button

Mark
06123456
(e-mail address removed)

In the routine LoadPostData if I do the following

string sData = postCollection[postDataKey];

sData becomes "Mark,06123456,[email protected]"

so the information is captured correctly.

What I would like to be able to do is query each of the text objects
(txtName, txtPhone, txtEmail) and retrieve their individual values (Like
Request.Form("txtName") in classic ASP).

Failing that, I was thinking that I could just do a split on the returned
data ("Mark,06123456,[email protected]" in the above example) using the ","
character and then examine the array. The problem with this is if someone
enters a "," character in any of the textfields then the split would not be
accurate.

Is there a way that I can suggest the delimiter ("|" for example) used
instead of a "," character?

e.g
Data is returned as "Mark|06123456|[email protected]"

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Mark