custom test runner with testunit

Florian Weber

hi!

is there a way to use a custom test runner easily with testunit?
so far i've just hacked an additional one into autorunner.rb.
but is there a way to specify one during runtime?

something like ruby my_test.rb -r some_runner.rb

?

thanks for any tip!

ciao!
florian

Nathaniel Talbott

is there a way to use a custom test runner easily with testunit?
so far i've just hacked an additional one into autorunner.rb.
but is there a way to specify one during runtime?

something like ruby my_test.rb -r some_runner.rb

No... you have to either hack test/unit or explicitly specify your
runner in your test code like so:

if(__FILE__ == $0)
MyRunner.run(MySuite)
end

I like the idea of allowing runners to register themselves in the
command-line, though, allowing you to do something like this:

% ruby -rsome_runner my_test.rb -r some_runner

I'll add it to the list.

Thanks,

Nathaniel
Terralien, Inc.