    container that has lots of design-time support or...?

    Thanks for the help,
    Jeff

    Jeff Yun-Nikolac, Sep 4, 2003

  2. ....
    First, you need to decide what it is you want to do.

    Write down all the possible scenarios you want to support. Be clear on what
    concepts your control want to embody. For instance, it will have a phone
    number, it will have a list of country codes, it will have a choice of user
    interfaces (single box, three boxes, dropdown).

    Once you know what's in your control, you can design an interface to the
    users of your control in terms of properties and methods.

    You can also decide what you want to allow for appearance customization -
    which styles do you want to expose, do you want to support templating,
    things like that.

    Only once you've decided what it is you want to do should you go read up on
    how to do it. Otherwise you run the risk of creating something because you
    read about it, and not because it's a good idea.

    John Saunders, Sep 5, 2003