Customizing web application

John O'Conner

I want to create a web application that is customizable for each
customer. However, I can't quite decide how to package this up.

Should the contents of a WAR file be off limits to a customer. That is,
should they be able to change jsp and property files in the WAR file?
Or should I put th customizable portions outside the WAR somehow? What
is the best practice for organizing a customizable web application in
which customers should be able to change some jsp, html, and property
files?

Thanks,
John O'Conner

Danno

John said:
I want to create a web application that is customizable for each
customer. However, I can't quite decide how to package this up.

Should the contents of a WAR file be off limits to a customer. That is,
should they be able to change jsp and property files in the WAR file?
Or should I put th customizable portions outside the WAR somehow? What
is the best practice for organizing a customizable web application in
which customers should be able to change some jsp, html, and property
files?

Thanks,
John O'Conner

You could use a pre-developed CMS (Content Management System) and not
worry. You could also look into a portlet solution or a wiki solution
too.