data input with submit button

Hooter

Hi,

I am after some html code to create some cells and a submit button. The
cells will require some sort of text input, all cells will require some kind
of text before the submit button will work and once pressed the data from
cells is emailed to an email address.

Any help or examples would be appreciated.

Rgds Simon

Oli Filth

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

all cells will require some kind
of text before the submit button will work

That would require some Javascript. Google for Javascript + forms. But
remember that Javascript is not always enabled, and works to differing
degrees on different browsers, and that the authors of many Javascript
tutorials don't seem to be aware of this fact.

Alternatively, you could do the check server-side (see below).
and once pressed the data from cells is emailed to an email address.

To work reliably that will require some server-side processing, e.g.
Perl, ASP, or PHP.

For PHP, see http://www.php.net/manual/tutorial.forms.php (for
e-mailing, see http://www.php.net/manual/function.mail.php).

wayne

I have some forms in use at www.glenmeadows.com

There are acouple of different ways to approach forms and methods for
getting the form information to the recipient without exposing their
email address.

wayne