    Rick Guest

    How can I give focus to the first, editable cell (textbox)
    in a datagrid after the user has opened the row for edit?

    Rick, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Hi
    In my notes I had this:

    http://www.reflectionit.nl/InitialFocus.aspx

    I hope can be useful

    Ciao
    Giorgio

    Giorgio Parmeggiani, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Hi Rick,

    Firstly I want to thank Giorgio's great help on this issue. Please check
    his response carefully.

    In addition, while using the method mentioned in the url, please use the
    findcontrol method on the datagrid inside the EditCommand handler to get a
    reference to the first textbox inside the datagriditem where the edit event
    was fired.

    I hope it helps.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang