Datagrid in a Datagrid

tshad

I am trying to find out how to put a datagrid in another datagrid.

I want to be able to display the summary data that I get from my tables to
show in the first grid. The when I press a "+" sign on one of the rows, I
wanted it to expand to show another datagrid below it, with the detail.

I can get this to work as a datagrid within a datalist, but the problem is
getting the Datalist to work correctly with the alternatingrows and to get
the columns to display correctly (with headers). In essence, the way a
datagrid works.

I could get the datagrid to display in one of the columns, but I want the
old row to display as well as a new row that contains the datagrid (which
needs to span most of the columns).

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Tom.

Jason Kester

tshad said:
getting the Datalist to work correctly with the alternatingrows and to get
the columns to display correctly (with headers). In essence, the way a
datagrid works.

I could get the datagrid to display in one of the columns, but I want the
old row to display as well as a new row that contains the datagrid (which
needs to span most of the columns).

You might want need to use a Repeater for your containing table.
DataGrids don't like to deal with colspans, which is what it sounds
like you need. You'll need to roll your own alternating backgrounds,
etc.

Good luck!
Jason

http://www.expatsoftware.com/