DataGrid not displaying in new mode

Mervin Williams

I just discovered that the datagrid does not display if the webform is in
new mode. Let's say, for instance, that my datagrid is for contacts related
to a company, so that companyid id a foreign key in the contact table.
Well, if the contact does not yet exist, the datagrid will not display.

I would like the datagrid to display the footer (which I've set up to insert
new rows into the datagrid), although perhaps disabled.

Is there a way to do this? What alternatives have you used?

Mervin Williams

Mervin Williams

I keep the ShowFooter property set to true because I use the footer for
inserting new rows into the datagrid.

Mervin Williams